Michigan State Basketball Gameday: Georgia matchup to yield large muster test
October 29, 2017 - Basketballs
Who: Michigan State vs. Georgia
When: 2 p.m.
Where: Van Andel Arena, Grand Rapids, Michigan
Radio: Spartan Sports Network, WJIM-AM (1240)/WMMQ-FM (94.9) in Lansing, WJR-AM (760) in Detroit.
Twitter: Follow Kyle Austin
* Sunday will mark Georgia’s first muster game. The Bulldogs went 19-15 final year and competent for a NIT, though lapse 4 of 5 starters and 9 of their tip 10 scorers from that team.
* Georgia is led by Michigan local Yante Maten, who was voted a SEC preseason actor of a year progressing this month. The 6-foot-8, 243-pound brazen averaged 18.2 points and 6.2 rebounds per diversion final year, sharpened 51.9 percent from a field.
* The Bulldogs have dual Michigan locals on their roster: Maten and youth brazen Mike Edward, who is from Westland. Maten received a scholarship offer from Michigan State late in his recruiting process, though opted to leave a state for Georgia, a module that had been recruiting him longer.
* Georgia’s operations coordinator, Matt Bucklin, is Tom Izzo’s nephew. The dual formerly faced one another in a opening diversion of a 2015 NCAA Tournament, before that Izzo joked “To ruin with him right now, he’s not partial of a family right now. He’ll be partial of a family after a game.”
* The deduction from Sunday’s diversion will be separate equally between a dual schools and then donated to assistance whirly service efforts. Georgia will present a share to a American Red Cross of Georgia, and Michigan State will present a apportionment to Red Cross – International Services.
* Tom Izzo says Georgia should give Michigan State a good preseason test
* Xavier Tillman earnings to Grand Rapids amid clever preseason for Michigan State
* Michigan State survives shock from Ferris State to win muster opener
* It’s not easy to stir Tom Izzo, though Jaren Jackson did in his Michigan State debut